At Counter Culture Coffee, we approach our work with a relentless pursuit of coffee perfection, a dedication to real sustainability, and a commitment to cutting-edge coffee education. Based in Durham, NC, with regional offices throughout America, we’ve been continuously innovating in the coffee industry since 1995—and we’re looking for new team members to help us expand our efforts.
Counter Culture Coffee is:
● A relentless pursuit of coffee perfection
● A dedication to real environmental, social, and fiscal sustainability
● A commitment to creating cutting edge coffee people
Position: Grocery Field Operative
Field operatives act as brand ambassadors and are the liaison between Counter Culture and our grocery retail customers. Demo team members should possess a strong willingness and enthusiasm for customer service—and a desire to learn more about coffee and pass this knowledge on to consumers. This role is a public facing job, so you must have a knack for engaging customers with a friendly and pleasant demeanor while sharing the message of the Counter Culture brand and coffee philosophy. This is a contracted part time/temporary position with irregularity in scheduled hours. There will be travel within regions and occasional overnight trips, but with flexibility in scheduling. Training will be provided on retail demos as per Counter Culture demo standards.
● Set up demo table and brew and serve coffee in grocery accounts
● Perform 3 hour demo per Counter Culture demo standards
● Clean up and check out with retail management before departure
● Desire to share passion for Counter Culture coffee to retail customers
● Efficient time management, ability to work part time hours with flexible scheduling with little supervision
● Reliable, accountable, and professional demeanor, with strong interest in customer service
● Completion of demo training and orientation, as well as completion of test
● Ability to stand and perform demos for 3 hour shifts; some light lifting of demo kits required
● Overnight travel on occasion
● Valid Driver’s License and Insured Vehicle
● Be a part of the Counter Culture family!
● Free enrollment in Counter Intelligence Courses
● Eligibility to win awesome prizes
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminating factors.