Based in Durham, NC, with regional offices around the country, Counter Culture Coffee has been continuously innovating in the coffee industry since 1995—and we’re looking for new team members to help us expand our efforts.
Counter Culture Coffee is:
- A relentless pursuit of coffee perfection
- A dedication to real environmental, social, and fiscal sustainability
- A commitment to creating cutting edge coffee people
Position: Production Team Member
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Production Associates work in a warehouse environment and manufacture all coffee products after the coffee is roasted. This includes but is not limited to blending, bagging, boxing, and shipping coffee. This job requires endurance and consistency throughout the work day. Production Team Members generally work Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.; however these hours can vary on lighter or heavier production days. Successful Production Associates are physically able to meet the demands of the job, be punctual and resourceful. Production Associates are also engaged in our business by contributing to meetings and goal-setting and also by building their coffee knowledge and skill sets.
Regarding the work environment: the warehouse has some climate control features but is heavily influenced by the environment; therefore it can be hot in the summer and cold in the winter. The candidate must be able to multitask and perform effectively with frequent and varied distractions in a noisy environment.
- Package labeling, filling, boxing, and shipping using a variety of commercial manufacturing equipment.
- Cleanliness of work and production areas.
- Light equipment maintenance and upkeep.
- Projects and tasks related to production or facilities.
- Participation in organizational meetings, goal-setting, and team building.
- 2+ years of work experience preferred.
- Ability to work, often standing and with repetitive motions, for 8 hour days throughout the year.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs many times throughout the day.
Physical Components of this Job:
The physical activity of this position:
- Reaching: extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Lifting: raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
- Fingering: picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Grasping: applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.,
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities in which the employee must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly,
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion: substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Physical requirements of this position:
Medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Employee is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- Employee is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.,
- Employee is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e., custodial, food services, general laborer, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard, inspection, etc.).
The conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.
- The worker is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- Attend a company orientation.
- Meet the performance standards of fellow teammates as measured by throughput on production lines.
- Attend one Tasting @ Ten.
Benefits: Currently, the offered benefits include: group health (medical, dental and vision), available the first of the month after 30 days of employment; Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and for Dependent Care; short- and long-term disability; life insurance; 401(k) program; paid time off; six company holidays.
Counter Culture Coffee is an Equal Opportunity Employer in both policy and practice.
Counter Culture Coffee assesses candidates for employment based on their knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job for which they are applying and without regard to any non-job related category as protected by federal, state or local law. Finalist candidates for employment will be required to demonstrate USA employment eligibility (per federal and state law, Counter Culture Coffee participates in the federal E-Verify program).